Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Short Test Ride - GT128

I like the exhaust sound, very distinctive. The long stroke made the sound unique.

It was a very short test ride. Around 10km around Precinct 14 and 15 of Putrajaya. After 1st gear engaged, I gave it some throttle. Surprisingly, it was rather slow in acceleration. I prefer the Wave 125 launching. More energetic.

After reaching 100km/h, it feels better. But the small original tires were not very suitable for the rather 'big' kapcai. When you are in a corner, it feels like swaying to much. I think, if we fit a bigger rear tires, it could improve.

The engine was rather noisy. But I can live with it. 

What impressed me was the design. Personally I say it is perfect. I like it very much.

2 comments:

EastbulletdotCom said...

i'm thinkin to buy this motorcycle. but then, after read about new lagenda, i think i wanna change my mind to take lagenda..

what do you think the best? FIY, i'm a big guy.. is it suitable for me to ride lagenda compare to gt128.. coz gt128 big and i think suit my body...

Dean said...

Sorry for the late reply.

Personally, I would go for GT128. Bigger cc, bigger overall body. The long stroke engine will have higher torque. I also prefer the overall design compare to Lagenda115.

But often, Yamaha bike is very enjoyable to ride because of a good launching. Powerful and fresh. It also usually has a very good second hand value.

But, at the end, it is about your personal taste. Both will serve you well for years if you take care of them.