Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Riding Distance

Do you know how far are these motorbikes being ridden everyday?

Well, they are small. They are built using a simple technology. But yet, they are being fully utilized, ridden to commute, ridden to move goods from one place to another.

But, the real question is, how far?

Just take me as an example. Distance from my home to my office is about 72km. That means I rode 72km in the morning and 72km in the afternoon. My average working day is 22 days every month. So, that is equal to 3168km every month. I am using only a 150cc scooter.

Some people ride further than me.

  • fast food delivery services
  • dispatch riders
  • small built traders
  • spare part suppliers
  • and many more

They use the motorbikes to support their business. Their people ride more kilometers than me. They do it all year long. They do it in all type of weather, in the sun, in the rain.

To me, it may be long and hard, but I love every minute of it, I enjoy every miles of it. I hope you do to.

No comments: